Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

American Idol Says Goodbye to Haley Reinhart: Benny and the Jets

American Idol Season 10's most feisty and spirited contestant Haley Reinhart gives her final, 'Curtain Call' Interview after her elimination and thanks her Fans for getting her to the Top 3.

After an amazing run, Haley Reinhart feels great about taking on new challenges and making it so far. She shows strength and resilience, saying, "I'm feeling good right now, actually. I accepted it as it happened. You never know really what's going to go down, and I was just happy with it. I accepted it. I was like, "Alright, this is happening, let's go out good with a bang and have some fun." And that's just what Haley did! Her 'Goodbye Song', Elton John's "Bennie & The Jets", was by far a better performance than any of the nine songs performed the night before (video below).

"I've never backed down," says Haley, "I like taking on challenges. I like going outside the box." Haley proved this, and her amazing versatility, by taking on songs in more music genres than any other contestant this season. Haley sang the Blues, Country ~ LeAnn Rimes "Blue" (which was originally written for Patsy Kline), Jazz ~ Sarah Vaughan's "Moanin'" and Rock ~ Led Zeppelin's "What is and What Should Never Be", among others. She took on such diverse contemporary artists as Lady Gaga, Whitney Houston, Adele, Michael Jackson, and Alicia Keys. Haley also showed off her diversity of styles singing Janis Joplin's "Piece of My Heart" and Blondie's "Call Me". Haley took on many challenges, and proved she's no 'one trick pony'.


No comments:

Post a Comment